Assam PSC Recruitment 2019-20: Assam Public Service Commission has been released a notification (ADVT. No. 06/2019) on 19th Nov 2019. The notification has been released for the recruitment of Assistant Engineer under the Public Works Road Department and Junior Engineer under Public Works Department. The number of vacancies are 156 for AE and 307 for JE.
Candidates can find the detailed advertisement for the APSC Recruitment and application form at the official website of Assam PSC i.e. www.apsc.nic.in.
In this article, we have discussed about the Assam PSC Recruitment 2019-20 for AE and JE like educational qualification, age limit, selection process, exam date, application process, salary and vacancy details.
All the candidates who interested to apply for the Assam Public Service Commission Recruitment are requested to read the full article before online application.
Assam PSC Recruitment 2019-20
|Name of the Organization||Assam Public Service Commission|
|Job Type||State Government Job|
|Advertisement Number||ADVT. NO. 06/2019|
|Posts||Assistant Engineer (Civil) & Junior Engineer (Civil)|
|Mode of Application||Offline|
|Last date for submission of application||21.12.2019|
APSC Recruitment Vacancy Details
As per the official notification, a total of 463 vacancies releases for Assistant Engineer and Junior Engineer. Post wise vacancies are given below:
Assistant Engineer (Civil): A total of 156 vacancies are allotted for Assistant Engineer (Civil). Category wise vacancy details are given in the below image:
Junior Engineer (Civil): A total of 307 vacancies are allotted for Junior Engineer. Look at the below image to know the details vacancies category wise.
|Name of the Post||Pay scale|
|Assistant Engineer||Rs 30,000 – 1,10,000|
|Junior Engineer||Rs 14,000 – 49,000|
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of Assam.
- The applicant must produce PRC issued in Assam for educational purpose as a proof of residency along with the application form.
Post wise educational qualification is given below:
Assistant Engineer: Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in Civil Engg. from an Indian/ Foreign University recognized by Government.
Junior Engineer: Applicant must have passed 3 years Diploma course in Civil Engineering from an institution recognized by the Government.
- Degrees obtained through Distance mode of education will not be acceptable.
- Along with the English language, the candidate should have adequate knowledge of at least one language i.e. Assamese/ Bengali/ Bodo of the Assam State.
Candidates should have a minimum 21 years and maximum 38 years of age as on 01-01-2019. The upper age limit is relaxable:
- By 3 years in case of OBC candidates i.e. up to 41 years as per official notification.
- By 5 years in case of SC/ST candidates i.e. up to 43 years.
- By 10 years in case of PwBD candidates.
- Ordnance Factory Recruitment 2019-20 (4805 Vacancies) – Click Here
- Railway Apprentice Recruitment 2019-20 (6132 Vacancies) – Click Here
APSC Recruitment: Application Fees
The application fees for all posts under the state government of Assam shown as below:
- The application fees for general candidates is Rs.250/- (Rupees two hundred and fifty) only.
- Application fees for SC/ ST/ OBC/ MOBC candidates is Rs.150/- (Rupees two hundred and fifty) only.
- For having BPL certificate no application fee to be paid.
Payment Mode: The application fees should be deposited only through Treasury Challan in the Head of Account “NON TAX REVENUE, OTHER NON TAX REVENUE 0051 PSC, 105 STATE PSC APPLICATION FEE RECEIPT OF APSC” showing name of post and department.
Along with the application form, Candidates should be submitted the original copy of the challan.
The stages of recruitment process under the Public Works Road Department and Public Works Department are:
- Written Test
- Viva/ Interview
- Document Verification
|Application Form||Download Here|
|Official Notification||Download PDF|
|Official Website||Click Here|
Interested candidates can send the filled application form with documents to the below address:
Deputy Secretary, APSC, Jawaharnagar, Khanapara, Guwahati-781022
How to Apply
Follow the below instruction step by step to fill up the application form of Assam PSC Recruitment 2019-20:
Step 1: Visit the official website.
Step 2: Find the link of ADVT. No. 06/2019 for Assistant Engineer (Civil) & Junior Engineer (Civil) and click on the link.
Step 3: Download the application form and fill up correctly.
Step 4: Post the application form with required documents to the given address before 21-12-2019.
Along with the application form, candidates should be submitted the required self-attested documents, which are given below:
- Original copy of the treasury challan.
- Certificate for age proof like HSLC/ 10th Class Admit Card/ Pass Certificate.
- Certificates and mark sheets of all exam from the HSLC onwards up to the level of qualifying examination.
- Caste Certificate (as applicable).
- Disability Certificate (as applicable).
- Two copies of recent passport size photograph with white background.
- Signature (scanned copy to be uploaded in online mode when available).
- Experience Certificate (as applicable).
- BPL certificate/ EWS certificate (as applicable).
Candidates have to carry an original photo id proof on the day of the exam. The APSC acceptable photo IDs are:
- ID card issued by the educational institutions
- Voter ID Card
- Aadhar Card
- PAN Card
- Driving Licence
The APSC means Assam Public Service Commission is a Govt agency of Assam State since 1937, which conducts recruitment of new employees for various departments of state public services. The APSC recruit new employees every year through written exam, interview, document verification, and medical examination. The address of the Assam Public Service Commission office is Near science Museum, Jawahar Nagar, Khanapara, Guwahati, Assam 781022.
Assam PSC Recruitment Frequently Asked Questions:
The frequently asked questions (FAQs) regarding the Assam Public Service Commission Recruitment for Assistant Engineer and Junior Engineer are given below:
Q1: How many attempts are there for APSC?
A1: The APSC means Assam Public Service Commission examination conducts by the Govt of Assam. Two exams are conducted by APSC.
Q2: Can I write in Assamese in APSC Exam?
Q2: Assamese is the secondary language for APSC exam. Apart from English, the candidate should have proper knowledge of at least one official language i.e. Assamese/Bengali/Bodo. But, if write in Assamese language in the Assam Public Service Commission exam, the candidates get lower priority compare to the English language.
Q3: What is the official website of APSC?
Q3: The official website of the Assam Public Service Commission is www.apsc.nic.in.
We hope the above article helps you a lot. If you have any doubts regarding the Assam Public Service Commission Recruitment, please share with us through comment. We will help as soon as possible.
We request you to share this post on social media to help to know your friends and other aspiring candidates. You can follow us on social media like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram for latest update.