SSC CHSL Exam Latest Announcement:
27th August, 2020: SSC has released the additional result for SSC CHSL 2018 Tier II on its official website in the form of PDF. The result contains the names of only those candidates who are qualified for the DEO skill test.
Approximately, 1741 candidates can attempt for DEO in CAG and for LDC/ JSA and PA/SA the number of candidates are 30822. The names of students who were disqualified on the ground of unfair means (UFM) are also included in this result.
5th August, 2020: Through this result SSC has also resolved the dispute related to SSC CHSL 2018 Tier II, in which 4560 candidates were disqualified due to unfair means (UFM). The disqualified students are also given one-exemption according to UFM rule.
21st July 2020: SSC has revised SSC CHSL 2020 exam dates of Tier I of remaining shifts. It is expected that the exams of SSC CHSL 2010-20 may be conducted in October in different dates.
1st June 2020: SSC has been announced the exam dates of SSC CHSL 2020 and it is decided that the exam of tier I will be taken on August 17-21 and August 24-27.
22nd May 2020: SSC announced that exam dates of SSC CHSL 2020 will be revised and will be notified after 1st June.
About SSC CHSL Exam
Every year SSC conducts many national level exams and SSC CHSL is one of them. Eligible candidates are recruited through SSC CHSL exam in various posts. Here is an overview of the examination below:
- Name of the Examination: SSC CHSL (Staff Selection Commission-Combined Higher Secondary Level)
- Organized by: SSC (Staff Selection Commission)
- Level of Exam: National
- Mode of Examination: Tier I – Online (CBT); Tier II – Offline (Descriptive); Tier III – Typing/Skill Test
- Medium of Exam: Hindi/English
- Duration of Exam: Tier I – 60 minutes; Tier II – 60 minutes; Tier III – 15 minutes
- Post Offered: LDC, JSA, PA, SA and DEO
SSC CHSL 2020 Notification
Every year SSC published its notification regarding SSC CHSL Exam. A notification was released on 3rd December, 2019 for SSC CHSL 2020 exam.
The dates of exam of SSC CHSL Tier I has been postponed and expected to be taken in October 2020. This decision has been taken due to pandemic situation. On 20th March a notification was released in which it is said that the exam of SSC CHSL will be postponed due to pandemic situation.
Candidates are advised to keep your attention on this page for latest information on SSC CHSL exam dates and admit card. Different important dates are listed below:
- Notification Released: 30-Nov-2020.
- Applications: 30-Nov-2020 to 15-Dec-2020.
- Tier I Exam: Will be Announced Soon.
SSC CHSL Eligibility Criteria
The candidates willing to appear in the upcoming SSC CHSL examination must have an idea about eligibility criteria. The criteria needed to be eligible for SSC CHSL exam is given below:
Candidates must successfully have completed 12th board exam or any equivalent degree from recognized board or university.
Limitation of Age:
Age between 18-27 years is preferable, though there are some relaxation for certain categories. Relaxation of age for different categories are:
- SC/ST – 5 Years
- OBCs – 3 Years
- PH – 10 Years
- PH + OBC – 13 Years
- PH + SC/ST – 15 Years
Must be a Citizen of India, Nepal and Bhutan with some condition. Candidate from Nepal or Bhutan must came in India before January 1, 1962 and settled in India permanently.
SSC CHSL Application Fees
- General, OBC category candidates will have to pay an application fee of Rs 100/-.
- Women, SC, ST, PWD category candidates will not require any application fee.
- The application fee will have to be paid through BHIM UPI, Net Banking, by using Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit cards or in cash at SBI Branches by generating SBI Challan.
- Application form will not be accepted without application fee.
SSC CHSL Application Procedure
The candidates who are interested to appear in SSC CHSL exam need to get register yourself. The following steps must be follow for registration.
Step 1: Registration
- ssconline.nic.in is the official website for registration. Then visit this for your registration.
- After visiting official website, you have to register yourself using your mobile number and email ID.
- You will get “Click here to Apply” link, just click on it.
- Read all the instructions carefully and then go to the registration page.
- In the registration page you have to provide some basic information like Your Name, Your Father’s Name, Roll Number of Class 10th board, DOB, and Gender.
- Now you will get verification text and submit option. After checking details click on this option.
- You will get a registration ID and Password. Note it down in a safe place for future.
Step 2: Upload Documents
After successful registration you will be asked to upload your recent passport size photograph and signature.
Size of your photograph must be between 20 kb to 50 kb and signature is in the range of 10 kb to 20 kb.
Step 3: Application Form Fill Up
Here, you have to give communication details, educational qualification details etc. You will also have to enter post preferences.
Step 4: Make Payment
You can make your payment via online as well as offline an amount of INR 100.
- For online payment you can use BHIM UPI, Net Banking, or Visa/ MasterCard/ Maestro Credit/ Debit card.
- Offline Payment you must download SBI Challan after submitting all the details from the web portal and do payment and it in any nearby SBI branch in working hours.
Please Note that female, SC, ST, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen are allowed to do registration completely free.
SSC CHSL 2020 Vacancy
There are 4893 vacancies for SSC CHSL candidates in different posts. SSC recruits candidates through SSC CHSL exam which has All India Service Liability (AISL).
This imply that the selected candidates may be posted to serve anywhere in India. Vacancies of different posts for SSC CHSL aspirants are:
|Name of the Posts||No of Vacancies|
- Also Read – SSC CHSL Preparation Tips and Strategy
SSC CHSL Salary
SSC CHSL Salary according to their Posts are listed below:
- Lower Division Clerk (LDC): Pay Scale Level 2 – (Rs 19,900 – 63,200)
- Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA): Pay Scale Level 2 – (Rs 19,900 – 63,200)
- Postal Assistant (PA): Pay Scale Level 4 – (Rs 25,500 – 81,100)
- Sorting Assistant (SA): Pay Scale Level 4 – (Rs 25,500 – 81,100)
- Data Entry Operator (DEO): Pay Scale Level 4 – (Rs 25,500 – 81,100)
- DEO (Grade A): Pay Scale Level 4 – (Rs 25,500 – 81,100)
SSC CHSL Exam pattern
SSC CHSL is multi-level exam. It contains three Tiers or Stages viz.
- Tier I – Computer-Based Test (MCQ), Online
- Tier II – Descriptive Paper (Pen and Paper mode)
- Tier III – Skill Test/ Typing Test (Depends on the Post)
Section-wise Number division of the SSC CHSL examination for Tier I is shown below:
- English Language: No of Questions – 25 (Each Question Carry 2 Marks); Total Marks – 50.
- General Intelligence: No of Questions – 25 (Each Question Carry 2 Marks); Total Marks – 50.
- Quantitative Aptitude: No of Questions – 25 (Each Question Carry 2 Marks); Total Marks – 50.
- General Awareness: No of Questions – 25 (Each Question Carry 2 Marks); Total Marks – 50.
Total number of questions asked is 100 with the total marks of 200.
SSC CHSL Cut-off
You must have idea about cut-off of previous years. Through Cut-offs you can make an assumption that how much the may be tough. Cut-offs of the previous year given:
- General Category: LDC/JSA/PA/SA: – 139-144; DEO in C & AG: – 165-169; DEO (Other than C & AG): – 181-184.
- OBC Category: DEO (Other than C & AG): – 178.45; DEO in C & AG: – 161.72; LDC/JSA/PA/SA: – 133.74.
- ST Category: DEO in C & AG: – 136.74; LDC/JSA/PA/SA: – 99.09.
- SC Category: DEO in C & AG: – 145.52; LDC/JSA/PA/SA: – 110.09.
SSC CHSL Admit Card
Admit Card of SSC CHSL 2020 for Tier I exam will be available on their respective regional official website of SSC (Staff Selection Commission). To get your admit card you can use Registration Id, Date of Birth and Roll Number.
Hall ticket is mandatory to enter in the examination center. Admit card for each Tier is released separately. Only qualified candidates of Tier I exam can download the admit for Tier II exam.
You can follow the steps to download your admit card:
- Go to the official website of SSC CHSL
- Click on ‘SSC CHSL Admit Card’ link to proceed to the next page.
- Enter your registration number along with password to access your admit card.
- Now you can see your admit card on the screen.
- Click on the Print option to download it and also take a hard copy of your admit card for your further use.
SSC CHSL Result
SSC declared the result of SSC CHSL for different Tiers separately. Candidates can see their result from regional official website.
All SSC Exam:
|SSC JE Exam||SSC CGL Exam|
|SSC MTS Exam||SSC CHSL Exam|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. What are the Posts SSC offered through SSC CHSL?
Ans: Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the SSC CHSL exam to recruit for the following posts such as (I) Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC), (II) Sorting Assistant (SA), (III) Postal Assistant (PA), (IV) Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA), and (V) Data Entry Operator (DEO).
Q2. How many Tiers I have to qualify in SSC CHSL exam for final selection?
Ans: SSC CHSL is a multi-stage examination and it consists three Tier viz. Tier I, Tier II and Tier III. You have to clear all the Tiers for final selection.
Q3. What is the minimum age required to appear in SSC CHSL?
Ans: Candidates must be in between 18-27 years in order to appear in SSC CHSL. There are some age relaxation for certain categories as SC/ST – 5 Years, OBC – 3 Years, PH – 10 Years, PH + OBC – 13 Years, PH + SC/ST – 15 Years.
Q4. Is negative marking being applicable in SSC CHSL exam?
Ans: Yes, negative marking is applicable in SSC CHSL exam and one mark will be deducted for every wrong attempt.
Q5. Is SSC CHSL exam and online exam?
Ans: Not all Tiers are conducted in online mode. Tier I is an online exam but Tier II and Tier III is descriptive and skill test respectively.
Q6. Is there any relaxation in application fees?
Ans: General Category have to Rs 100 application fees for SSC CHSL exam. But female, SC, ST, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen are exempted from paying any amount.
Hope this post will help you to get details of SSC CHSL Exam 2020. You can subscribe this site for latest informative post like this. Also, follow us on Facebook to get instant updates on any latest news.