A chartered accountant salary is different in India, and this difference is according to their performance, skills and experience. In this article we will give you information about the salary of a chartered accountant in India.
Most of the Chartered Accountant salary is between ₹5 – ₹8 lakhs to ₹ 35 lakhs per year in India.
In international level, CA salary package can be up to ₹80 lakhs per year. ICAI sets up arrangements for campus placement and according to their last year placement record, the average salary was ₹7.36 lakhs per year.
The students who passed in a single attempt and hold rank will get priority over other during placement procedure.
With the globalization of Indian economy, opportunities is also increased and that is why many students plan to start their own practice after having job experience of 2.5 – 3 years from reputed CA firms. The pass out students with their own firm has no upper limit of his income/growth.
Also Read: How to Become a Chartered Accountant?
In this article, we will provide you some data about pay scale covering 4500 – 5000 Chartered Accountants all over India.
Chartered Accountant Salary in India
CA Salary On the Basis of Skills
To be a successful CA, you need to have a three basic skills are analytical, compliance, and reporting skills. These skills decide their income as well as growth.
Chartered Accountant having good skills in budget management, strategic accounting, management auditing, financial analysis and controlling and financial reporting gets a salary of up to ₹ 8 lakhs per year or more, on the other hand skills like tax compliance and tax consulting earn an average salary of ₹ 7 lakhs per year.
Chartered Accountant with multidimensional skills gets payment than other and this can be up to ₹20 – ₹25 lakhs per year. The salary of a Chartered Accountant is listed below on the basis of their skills.
|Skill||Average Salary per Year|
|Budget Management||₹9.5 – ₹11 lakhs|
|Strategic accounts||₹8.9 – ₹9 lakhs|
|Evaluation and Management Auditing||₹8.5 – ₹9 lakhs|
|Financial Analysis||₹8.5 – ₹8.8 lakhs|
|Financial Adviser||₹8.5 – ₹8.75 lakhs|
|SAP Financial Accounting and Controlling||₹8.10 – ₹8.25 lakhs|
|Financial Reporting||₹8 – ₹8.2 lakhs|
|Auditing||₹7 – ₹7.5 lakhs|
|Account Management||₹7 – ₹7.25 lakhs|
|Internal Audit||₹7.25 – ₹7.35 lakhs|
|Accounting||₹7.25 – ₹7.35 lakhs|
|Tax Consulting||₹7.10 – ₹7.25 lakhs|
CA Salary On the Basis of Experience
If you have experience along with skills, nothing is better than this. Experience is also a fact in determining your annual package. With the increase of your experience, salary will be increase.
Work hard and improve your performance it will help you to make good reputation along with sound payment. Payment with their year of experience is listed below.
- (0-5) Year of Experience: ₹ 7 lakhs per annum.
- (5-10) Year of Experience: ₹ 12 lakhs per annum.
- (10-20) Year of Experience: ₹ 20 lakhs per annum.
- Above 20 Year of Experience: ₹50 – ₹70 lakhs per annum.
CA Salary On the Basis of Job Profile
Being a CA doesn’t mean that you are expert only in tax and accounts but also have various kinds of experience. From which job profile you have come can decide your annual package.
For example, CA from the job profile for CFO, Account Executive, Financial Controller, and Accountant can have salary of ₹ 20 lakhs per annum or more. On the other side, CA from Account assistant and Business Analyst are getting comparatively lower package around ₹2 – ₹3 lakhs per annum.
- Finance officer: ₹ 35 lakh per annum.
- Account executive: ₹ 25 lakhs per annum.
- Accountant: ₹ 25 lakhs per annum.
- Finance controller: ₹ 19 lakhs per annum.
- Finance manager: ₹ 10 lakhs per annum.
- Chartered accountant: ₹ 7.25 lakhs per annum.
- Financial analyst: ₹ 6 lakhs per annum.
- Assistant account manager: ₹ 5 lakhs per annum.
- Senior account executive: ₹ 4 lakh lakhs per annum.
- Senior accountant: ₹ 3.5 lakhs per annum.
- Business analyst: ₹ 4 lakhs per annum.
- Account assistant: ₹ 2 lakhs per annum.
Click Here to Read – Top Highest Paying Jobs in India
CA Salary On the Basis of City
Location is also act as a deciding factor for your salary. In different cities the cost of living is different, hence companies keep it in their mind while deciding your salary.
- Gurgaon: ₹ 9.5 lakhs per annum.
- Chennai: ₹ 8.5 lakhs per annum.
- Mumbai: ₹ 7.5 lakhs per annum.
- Delhi: ₹ 7 lakhs per annum.
- Guwahati: ₹ 6.5 lakhs per annum.
- Punjab: ₹ 6 lakhs per annum.
- Pune: ₹ 6 lakhs per annum.
- Ahmedabad: ₹ 6 lakhs per annum.
- Jaipur: ₹ 5 lakhs per annum.
We can see from the above list that payment in Gurgaon and Chennai is higher but in Ahmedabad and Jaipur is comparatively lower.
CA Salary On the Basis of Industry
Different companies pay different to its employees. There are some industries which are paying their employees higher but there are also some companies which pays lower.
- Reliance Industries: ₹25 – ₹45 Lakhs per annum.
- Hindustan Unilever Ltd.: ₹10 – ₹36 Lakhs per annum.
- Deloitte: ₹14 – ₹35 Lakhs per annum.
- KPMG: ₹14 – ₹32 Lakhs per annum.
- Aditya Birla Sun Life: ₹13 – ₹28 Lakhs per annum.
- ICICI Bank: ₹11 – ₹27 Lakhs per annum.
- ITC: ₹10 – ₹25 Lakhs per annum.
- TATA Company: ₹10 – ₹ 22Lakhs per annum.
- Bharti Airtel: ₹12 – ₹22 Lakhs per annum.
- SBI Bank: ₹6 – ₹17 Lakhs per annum.
It is found that Reliance Industries pays highest to CA. Working environment of the industries also attracts CA.
Hope this article will help you to get the information of Chartered Accountant Salary in India. If you like this article then share with your friends. You can also follow us on Facebook for latest update of job notification.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How much salary does a CA get in India?
Ans: In India most of the CA gets ₹3 – ₹5 lakhs to ₹ 30 lakhs per annum. But in International level it is much higher than India. According to, ICAI has given placement on an average salary of ₹ 7.36 lakhs per annum. Students who hold rank as well as passed in a single attempt gets priority over other.
Q2. What are the skills that required to get a better package?
Ans: There are three basic skills that is required to get a better package like analytical, compliance, and reporting. Chartered Accountant with good skills in budget management, strategic accounting, management auditing, financial analysis and controlling and financial reporting gets higher package. They can get up to ₹ 8 lakhs per annum or more. If you have multidimensional talent then, this can be up to ₹ 25 lakhs per annum or more.
Q3. Does experience matter in deciding CA’s Salary?
Ans: Experience along with your Skills is required to get a better package. Candidate with less experienced get lower package and with higher experience will get higher salary.
Q4. What kind of job profile is better option for a CA?
Ans: Job profile also makes difference in your salary. CA from finance officer and account executive gets more salary which is above ₹ 20 lakhs than Other companies which is relatively low than other companies.