The name NCERT or National Council of Education Research and Training is popular to the students and also to the students who are preparing for competitive examination.
The questions may hit in your mind when how NCERT was formed? and why the sole responsibility of printing and designing of books has been given to the NCERT? What are the objectives and meaning of logo of NCERT books? Why we gave NCERT books preference over other? Let’s have a brief information about NCERT
NCERT Full Form
- NCERT Full Form: National Council of Educational Research and Training.
- Founded by: Government of India.
- Establishment: September 1, 1961.
- Headquarters: Sri Aurobindo Marg, New Delhi, India.
- Director: Dr Hrushikesh Senapaty Since 2015.
- Official Website: ncert.nic.in
What is NCERT?
The main purpose was to achieve a common education system. NCERT books gives authentic and proper information about topics. It is not written by a single writer, it is written by a group of writers.
The NCERT is a government’s autonomous body which was established on September 1, 1961. It’s current director is Dr Hrushikesh Senapaty since 2015. In Sri Aurbindo Marg, New Delhi NCERT has it’s official headquarter.
How was NCERT come into existence?
Though NCERT was formed on September 1, 1961, it’s foundation was little bit of older which was on 27 July, 1961.
The then ministry of education ordered to merge seven Govt. institutions to form a single autonomous council of education which was named NCERT. All CBSE school follow exam pattern, syllabus and textbooks directed by NCERT.
Many of the students find NCERT books are difficult as the questions are application based and also these questions are given to check students basic understanding and concepts.
Objectives of NCERT
NCERT has came into existence with some objectives. The objectives are:
- To provide academic and technical support for qualitative improvement of school education.
- Prepare and publish model textbooks, syllabus etc.
- To take necessary steps to implement a National Framework Curriculum.
- To give emphasis on the education of girl child.
- To evaluate value education with innovative thinking and ideas.
- To organize training to teachers for pre-service and in-service.
- To conduct and promote basic childhood education.
- To develop and disseminate innovative educational techniques and practices.
- To connect educational knowledge with regular life outside the school.
- To make a collaboration of international, national and state organization.
- To encourage research and development.
- To organize educational programs at national levels.
Source and Meaning of logo of NCERT
Every organization has its own logo with meaning lies behind it. NCERT also has its own logo which represents three Perspective of NCERT viz. Research and Development, Training and Extension.
The design of logo of NCERT is adopted from an Ashokan architecture which is from around 3rd BCE of Ashoka dynasty. In an excavation it is found near Maski in Raichur district of Karnataka. The line which is written on it is taken from Isha Upanishads.
The motto of NCERT is a Sanskrit line meaning ‘life eternal through learning.
NCERT is an autonomous body that has authority and responsibility to formalize school education and publish textbooks of all subjects from class 1-12th. CBSC i.e. Central Board of Secondary education follow the books of NCERT and some state boards also follow NCERT as well. State boards print NCERT in their own state language.
The price of NCERT is fixed within an affordable range for all. NCERT books are also cheaper than the private publisher’s books. There are some changes in 2017 and a policy was introduced which states that, from 2018 NCERT was given sole authority for the publication of textbooks. CBSC was given exclusive right to conduct examination.
Apart from this, NCERT books are very useful for the preparation of national and state level competitive examination such as AIPMT, IIT JEE, UPSC, AIIMS and State PSC etc.
NCERT takes an initiative to launch online textbook service in which anyone can download NCERT books of all subjects from class 1-12th (in English, Hindi and Urdu medium).
NCERT books not only helpful for your academic study but also build up a strong basic concept about subjects.
NCERT Solution Books
To have a good foundation on any chapter you have to practice NCERT exercises and the problems given in-between chapters. This will also make you clear about answer writing process.
You can download NCERT solution books online free of cost from any authentic source. The language used in solution books is very lucid so that everyone can understand.
- Download Text Books – Click Here
NCERT conducts some training programs and workshop which include the department of NIE (National Institute of Education) and RIE (Regional Institute of Education).
The main motive of this programs is to make awareness about the demand of education in the backwards and remote areas. Here, we discuss about programs which is take care of by NCERT.
- AIES: Through this program NCERT try to inform people about the development of school education in our country on a regular basis. This program helps to improve many factors like educational programs, teaching and infrastructural facilities etc. in schools.
- NTSSC: The main purpose of NTSSC which is under National Science Talent Search Scheme is to find out extraordinary talented students across the country and award scholarship to them. The motive of NCERT is to encourage them for higher studies.
- Jawaharlal Nehru National Science, Mathematics and Environment Exhibition for Children: This is mainly related to science. Science exhibition are organized by NCERT at national level to promote science related technical knowledge in children. Students are able to show their talents and level of understanding in science subjects through this platform.
More Full Form:
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
Q1. When was the NCERT come into existence?
Ans: The process of establishment of NCERT was started in 27 July, 1961. After couple of months on 1st September, 1961 finally the then Ministry of Education gave green signal.
Q2. Where is the headquarter of NCERT?
Ans: NCERT has it’s headquarter in Sri Aurbindo Marg, New Delhi.
Q3. What is the source and meaning of the logo of NCERT?
Ans: NCERT taken its logo from an architecture of Ashoka dynasty around 3rd BCE which was found near Raichur, Karnataka. There is a Sanskrit line writing on the architecture meaning “life eternal through learning”.
Q4. What are the objectives of NCERT?
Ans: There are some objectives for which NCERT came into existence (i) to give emphasis on girl child education. (ii) To evaluate value education with innovative thinking and ideas.
Q5. Can we download NCERT books online?
Ans: Yes, you can download the NCERT books as well as it’s solutions books online from any authentic source.