SSC CGL or Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level exam is a national level examination conducted by Staff Selection Commission (SSC) every year to recruit in various departments for Group A and Group B.
It is expected that recruitment process through SSC CGL examination may start in September 2020. Exam dates for SSC CGL will be released along with notification. Lakhs of students start their preparation after graduation for SSC CGL.
SSC CGL 2019 Exam Updates:
SSC has released the exam dates SSC CGL Tier III on 22nd November, 2020. This date was released on 26th August, 2020.
SSC CGL 2019 Tier II exam dates was also rescheduled from 14th October, 2020 to 2nd November, 2020.
SSC CGL 2018 Exam Updates:
Declaration of result for SSC CGL 2018 Tier III has been delayed. The result of SSC CGL exam for Tier III which was conducted on 29th December, 2019 expected to release by 8th May, 2020. But, now SSC has postponed the matter for an undefined time.
The union cabinet gave approval to the National Recruitment Agency (NRA) to conduct Combined Eligibility Test (CET) for SSC, RRB, and IBPS candidates. The conducted by NRA will applicable for Group B and Group C, Non-Technical posts.
In this article, we will cover all important points of SSC CGL 2020 exam along with some related points of SSC CGL 2019. Mainly we will focus on SSC CGL notified dates, pattern of SSC CGL exam, some preparation tips and admit card.
About SSC CGL Exam
To recruit under the Government of India in various posts in different organizations, departments, and Offices, Staff Selection Commission conduct many national level examination. SSC CGL exam is one of them through which is conducted by SSC.
SSC recruits candidates through SSC CGL exam for Group A and Group B under the Government of India in various posts. This is a multi-level exam consists 4 stages.
Some Highlighted points of SSC CGL is given below:
- Name of the Examination: Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level (SSC CGL)
- Conducting Body: Staff Selection Commission.
- Type of Exam: National Level.
- Frequency of Exam: Taken Yearly.
- Mode of Exam: Online (Computer- Based Test).
- Medium of Exam: English/Hindi.
- Eligibility: Must have Completed Graduation and must be a Citizen of India.
- Allotted Time: Tier I – 60 minutes; Tier II – 120 minutes per paper; Tier III – 60 minutes.
- Posts Offered: Group B and C officers under central Government.
SSC CGL 2020 Notification
It is expected that SSC will begin recruitment process through SSC CGL exam form 15th September, 2020. The exam dates will be disclosed when notification for SSC CGL exam will announced.
SSC CGL 2020 Expected Dates:
Some expected dates for SSC CGL 2020 provided below:
|Notification for SSC CGL||September, 2020|
|Submission of Application||September – October 2020|
|Release of Admit Card||To be Announced|
|Exam of Tier I||February – March 2021|
|Exam of Tier II||June 2021|
|Exam of Tier III||September 2021|
|Exam of Tier IV||Will be Announced|
Important Dates for SSC CGL 2019:
SSC CGL 2019 notification was announced by Staff Selection Commission (SSC) on October 22, 2019. Tier I exam of SSC CGL 2019 was taken 3rd to 9th March, 2020 but the examination of Tier II and Tier III of SSC CGL 2019 which was scheduled June 22nd-25th, 2020 and 22nd November, postponed due to pandemic situation.
Latest dates for SSC CGL 2019 exam are given below:
- Notification for SSC CGL: Announced on 22nd October 2019.
- Online Application for SSC CGL: 22nd October 2019 to 25th November 2019
- Admit Card Released for SSC CGL: 20th February, 2020.
- Exam of Tier I: 3rd March, 2020 to 9th March, 2020.
- Exam of Tier II: 2nd November, 2020 to 5th November, 2020 (Rescheduled).
- Exam of Tier III: 22nd November, 2020.
- Exam of Tier IV: To be Notified.
There are also some information about SSC CGL 2018 Exam:
- Notification for SSC CGL: Official notification released on 5th May, 2018.
- Online Application for SSC CGL: May 5th, 2018 to June 5th, 2018.
- Admit Card for SSC CGL: May 2019.
- Exam of Tier I: 4 – 19 June, 2019.
- Exam of Tier II: 11 – 13 September, 2019.
- Exam of Tier III: 29th December, 2019.
- Exam of Tire IV: To be Declared.
SSC CGL 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Aspirants who are willing to take preparation for SSC CGL must be familiar with the eligibility criteria. The following criteria must have possessed by candidates:
- Nationality: Must have Citizenship of India.
- Educational Qualifications: Must have completed Bachelor Degree from a recognized University or Board.
- Limitation of Age: Staff Selection Commission (SSC) limits age range between 18 – 32 years.
Age relaxation is also given to some certain reserved categories like:
- OBC Category: 3 Years
- ST/SC: 5 Years
- PH + Gen: 10 Years
- PH + OBC: 13 Years
- PH + SC/ST: 15 Years
Also Read – SSC CGL Eligibility Criteria in Details
SSC CGL 2020 Application Fees
An amount of INR 100 has to be paid to complete your online application procedure. But there are some categories who are exempted from paying any amount to apply for SSC CGL exam.
Female, SC, ST, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen candidates can apply for SSC CGL exam completely free.
SSC CGL 2020 Application Procedure
Once candidates decided to appear in SSC CGL exam, they must follow the following steps to apply for this examination.
Step 1: Search Official Website https://ssc.nic.in/) to access application page.
Step 2: Register yourself by using your mobile number, email ID. Please Note, if you have registration then you don’t need to registration. You can use the previous registration number and password.
Step 3: Login using your registration number and password and then enter your basic information like Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Date of Birth, Adhaar Card Number, personal contact and educational qualification, gender, category, nationality, name of the university, roll number, year of passing, marks etc. in the given box.
Step 4: Your Scanned images of Photograph (20 – 50 Kb) and Signature (10 – 20 Kb) is required to upload.
Step 5: Choose 3 exam center from the given list with preference.
Step 6: Check all the information given by you click on ” I Agree ” Option.
Step 7: Next Payment Option will appear in your screen. Choose any option to make your payment (Offline/Online).
- Online Options – BHIM UPI, Net Banking, Debit card or Credit Card.
- Offline Options – Pay Cash at any nearby SBI branch along with Challan.
Now, you have successfully completed your application form. You may take a print out of your application form.
SSC CGL 2020 Vacancy
A total of 8582 vacancies has been published for SSC CGL 2019-20 in different categories. Category-wise vacancies are given below:
SSC CGL 2020 Exam Pattern
Combined Graduation Level examination is conducted by Staff Selection Commission (SSC) for graduate candidates. This examination has 4 levels conducted yearly basis.
The exam is conducted in 4 levels known as Tiers. A brief description is given below:
- Tier I: Multiple Choice Question (MCQ), Computer Based Test (Online).
- Tier II: Multiple Choice Question (MCQ), Computer Based Test (Online).
- Tier III: Descriptive (English/Hindi), Pen and Paper(Offline) Mode.
- Tier IV: Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test.
|Subject||No of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50||60 Minutes|
Before planning your preparation for SSC CGL Exam, you should have clear understanding about syllabus. You should aware of the fact that if any changes done in exam pattern or syllabus.
SSC CGL 2020 Syllabus
We have discussed here latest syllabus of SSC CGL. For better understanding we have given syllabus of different Tier I. The syllabus of SSC CGL Tier I exam is highlighted below:
Tier I Syllabus (200 marks):
- General Intelligence and Reasoning: – Classification, Analogy, Coding-decoding etc.
- General Awareness: – Static General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Books and Authors, Science etc.
- Quantitative Aptitude: – Simplification, Percentage, Ratio and Proportion, Average, SI and CI etc.
- English Comprehension: – Reading Comprehension, Phrases and Idioms, One Word Substitution, Fill in the Blanks etc.
SSC CGL Post Details
There are some slots of age limits and different posts are offered to different sets of age limits. Here, we will briefly describe the posts SSC CGL offered.
- For 18-27 years: Auditor, Accountant, Accountant / Junior Accountant, Senior Secretariat Assistant / Upper Division clerks, Tax Assistant, Sub-Inspector, Upper Division Clerk (UDC).
- For 18-30 years: Inspector Posts, Assistant.
- For 20-27 years: Tax Assistant.
- For 20-30 years: Assistant Section officer (Central Secretariat Service), Assistant Section officer (Ministry of Railway), Assistant Section officer (Ministry of External Affairs), Assistant Section officer (AFHQ), Assistant, Sub Inspector (Central Bureau of Investigation).
- For Up to 32 years: Junior Statistical Officer (M/O statistics & Prog. Implementation).
Also Read – SSC CGL Salary for Various Post
SSC CGL Admit Card
You will get admit card for each Tier after successfully qualifying the previous Tier. The admit card is not send via post.
At the 5 to 10 days before examination admit cards are uploaded on the website of their respective regions. Follow this steps to get your admit card downloaded.
- Go to the Official website of SSC CGL i.e. (https://ssc.nic.in/).
- Press the ‘SSC CGL Admit Card’ Option.
- Login with your Registration Number and Password.
- Admit Card will appear on the Screen.
- At first download the Admit Card and then take a hard copy of it for further use.
SSC CGL Result
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) declared results of each Tier after completing its exam. Only selected candidates can eligible for next Tier. Candidates can check their result from official website.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. What is the Probable date of SSC CGL exam?
Ans: There is no certain date for SSC CGL exam but it is expected that notification will be released on September, 2020.
Q2. Is there any limitation of attempts a candidate does in SSC CGL exam?
Ans: No, there is no specified number of attempts for SSC CGL exam but restrictions on the age is exists. To appear for SSC CGL exam you have to be older than 18 years and younger than 32 years. But some age relaxation is given for certain categories.
Q3. What is the negative marking scheme for SSC CGL exam?
Ans: Yes, negative marking is applicable in SSC CGL exam. For this examination, 0.5 mark will be penalized for every wrong attempt for Tier I, Tier II and Tier III but in Tier III 0.25 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer for Tier II.
Q4. Can a final year student can apply for SSC CGL exam?
Ans: No, to apply for SSC CGL exam one must have completed his graduation that means to be a graduate is mandatory for SSC CGL exam.
Q5. Is there any sectional cut-off in SSC CGL exam?
Ans: No, sectional cut-off is not available in SSC CGL. There is only overall cut-off present in SSC CGL exam.
Hopefully, the above discussion will help the candidates to get a complete idea about ongoing and upcoming SSC CGL exam respectively. The above information will also reduce the stress of exam for a certain extent. Please stay tuned with us for latest updates.