What is the full form of BCA?
The BCA Full Form is Bachelor of Computer Application, a three-year undergraduate course, in the field of computer application.
Table of Contents:
With the digitalization globally, the need of expert in computer is growing day by day. Students who are interested in computer can choose their career in this area.
BCA which is a course of three years have almost same curriculum as in Computer Science or Information Technology degree. In this course, students got the opportunity to have a good concept in computer application.
BCA Course Overview
- BCA Full Form: Bachelor of Computer Application
- Duration: 3 Years
- Eligibility: 10+2 from a recognized board
- Admission Process: On merit basis, in some university through entrance examination
- Average Course Fee: INR 50000 – 2 lakh
Related Post: What is the full form of BBA?
Students from any stream can pursue this course whether science, arts or commerce.
- Interested students must complete 10+2 with a minimum of 45%-50% in any stream form a recognized board.
- Some of the colleges or universities take admission on the basis of merit and on the other hand some take personal interview as well as written entrance examination.
- Not all but some of the colleges set the minimum age for admission in BCA is 18. There is no upper age limit in any university in the eligibility criteria list.
Any student can get admission in the course of BCA through two admission process that is offered by different institutions i.e. (i) Merit-Based (ii) Entrance-Based
(i) Merit-Based: Many institutions set a cut-off to take admission directly in this course i.e. students must qualify the qualifying examination having score higher than cut-off.
(ii) Entrance-Based: various entrance examination such as national level, state level or college level are taken and students must qualify that examination. Some famous entrance examinations are IPU-CET, AIMA UGAT, BUMAT, SET, GSAT, SUAT.
Also Read: PGDCA Full Form, Benefits and Career Options
Top BCA Colleges in India
Some popular colleges for BCA are:
- Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research, Pune;
- Christ University, Bengaluru;
- Loyola College, Chennai;
- Stella Maris College, Chennai;
- Amity Institute of Information Technology;
- Kristu Jayanti College, Bangalore;
- Women’s Christian College, Chennai;
- St. Joseph’s College, Bengaluru;
- Madras Christian College, Chennai;
- Goswami Ganesh Dutta S.D. College, Chandigarh.
Some government colleges are:
- Ambedkar Institute of Technology;
- Aliah University;
- Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda;
- JC Bose University of Science and Technology;
- St Joseph’s College;
- Jamia Hamdard University;
- St Bede College;
- Lalit Narayan Mishra Institute of Economic Development and Social Change;
- Mahatma Gandhi University
Syllabus of BCA
First Year: Topic included in the first year syllabus are Business Communication, Cost Accounting, C Programming, Organizational Behavior, File Structure & Database Concepts, Principles of Management, Element of Statistics, Computer Laboratory, Practical Work.
Second Year: Management Accounting, Visual Basic, RDBMS, Networking, Human Resource Management, VB+, Numerical Methods, SAD, C++.
Third Year: Core Java, Internet Programming, Computer Laboratory, Advanced Java, Cyber Law, Multimedia Systems, NET Frameworks, Project Work, Operating Systems.
Advantage of BCA Course
Before taking admission in any course, you should know the benefits that you may get after the completion of BCA. In India, skilled IT professionals are needed very much. Students choose their career in this field considering some benefits are:
- This course acts as the bridge between different fields and makes job opportunity in IT sector.
- BCA is compared with B. Tech course and are considered equivalent to it. And the main advantage is that you can complete this course in three years.
- There are many colleges where you can specialization in BCA in various fields such as Data Science, Data Analytics, and Computer Science.
- You can do higher studies after completing this course such as MCA to upgrade your skills, knowledge and experience which will help you in future.
- Students of this course are in high demand as technology replaced man in most of the areas. So, a proficient and experienced employees are needed to execute the functions.
- You will become experienced and proficient in programming languages such as JAVA, C++, Python, CSS, Linux, etc.
- A BCA student can also earn a decent amount at the starting of their career approximately INR 2-5 LPA. As you become more experienced and skilled, your salary will be increased accordingly. After having an experience of 2-4 years, you will get approximately INR 4-10 LPA.
Also Read: Highest Paying Jobs in India 2022
Career After BCA
You will get placement after completing BCA as different job position and it takes almost 3-5 years to be stable in their position. With the globalization, IT sectors in India is growing at its full pace and is estimated that it will be doubled by 2025. Candidates can apply for some popular courses after BCA are:
- MCA (Master of Computer Applications): After BCA, MCA is a course of 3 years that focuses on the further deep knowledge of computer science and their applications.
- MBA (Master of Business Administration in information management): if any candidate is interested to have fundamental knowledge of information management, then they can pursue this course after BCA. Some of the option in this course are Account Manager, IT Manager, Business Development etc.
- MCM (Master in Computer Management): In this course, you will be trained different aspects of computer management and get knowledge to plan, design, and implement various complex application in software.
BCA Job Salary
Depending on some factors such as sectors, industries, cities, and experience salary of a BCA candidate varies within a specific range. For example, salary of a person in different cities are different such as salary in Mumbai is different from that of Bangalore. Approximate salary is given here according to their experience.
- Year of Experience: 0-1 Years; Average Salary: INR 2 to 2.8 LPA
- Year of Experience: 2-5 Years; Average Salary: INR 4 to 6 LPA
- Year of Experience: 5-10 Years; Average Salary: INR 7 to 10 LPA
- Year of Experience: 10-15 Years; Average Salary: INR 10 to 20 LPA
More Related Full Forms:
|MBA Full Form||AIIMS Full Form|
|ATM Full Form||RBI Full Form|
|GDP Full Form||NEFT Full Form|
|Banking Full Form||NCERT Full Form|
We hope this post will help you to know the BCA Full Form, Eligibility, Admission Process, Career Opportunities, Salary, etc. For get more full form like this visit this website regular basis. Also, you can follow us on Facebook and Twitter to get latest post notification immediately.
BCA Full Form: FAQs
Q1. What is the full form of BCA?
Ans: BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Applications.
Q2. What is the minimum required eligibility criteria for BCA?
Ans: You need to complete 10+2 in any stream with a minimum of 50% but may vary 40%-60% in some colleges.
Q3. What are the major subjects included in BCA?
Ans: The major topics included in BCA course are DBMS, networking, web scripting, core-programming languages like JAVA, C++, Python.
Q4. Is BCA a good selection after 12th?
Ans: Yes, it is a good move for a student to choose their career in the field of BCA if he is interested to study in computer application and software development.
Q5. What are the job profile after BCA?
Ans: After completing BCA, you will get job as Software Developer, System Analyst, Web Designer, Technical Associate, Customer Support Technician, IT Technical Support Developer and many more.