CCTV Full Form, Components, Important Facts: CCTV which is stands for Closed Circuit Television popularly known to us as video surveillance. In this system, video signals that are captured in the camera are transmitted to the attached monitor or recorders.
The term “close circuit” is used to indicate that the video recorded in this system will not be broadcasted to the public and can only be accessed by the authentic person. So, the name is justified as the Closed Circuit Television.
With the help of this set of equipment, one can keep tracking a specific area that are sensitive and needed much attention for a long time. In the each and every occasion where the chance of crime is very being monitor and recorded with the help of CCTV. In the heavy traffic and crowded area are monitored to control damage injury.
Also Read: Full Form of ATM
CCTV can be used in the wireless or wired network. Video, audio or both of them can be transmitted through it. In the latest advanced system video surveillance can be possible also at the night.
In the old version of CCTV system, video of the recording was black and white with low resolution. On the other hand, in the modern system, videos captured are colour with higher resolution and also added the zooming facility.
Components of CCTV
To set up a security system of CCTV, one need some components are camera, recording device, monitor, management software. There are some devices in which these are available collectively.
Camera: This is one of the most important component of CCTV security system. You can use Indoor/outdoor, wired/wireless network, battery-powered/electric various types of camera according to your budget. You can set as much camera as need to cover the various angles for surveillance. Use high resolution camera if you want to capture the area in detail.
Recording Device: Recording device is used to record videos for the future use. Security devices or separates DVR are attached with the network recorders that are more flexible and wireless. A DVR needs a power source and other connection cables to it.
Monitors: Monitor can be of a small screen to a wall-to-wall series monitors. Monitors should be as per with the quality of camera i.e. if we attach high resolution camera with the comparatively low definition monitor then, it will not produce good results.
CCTV Management System: Proper video management system is important, if you want to store, search and share the recorded footage in future. The software is available along with the camera as an online application and the other applications are available individually and can be upgraded. When you install such type of system, then check properly whether these are compatible with the other components or not.
Installation: Once you have select and check all the components, now the step is to install it and sync with the other components. After the completion of installation, you can connect it to Wi-Fi or networks wires and cables. At the first time, call a certified expert team for installation.
Some Important Facts about CCTV
- The application of CCTV was observed in 1942 when a German engineer, Walter Bruch, set up a system of cameras to track videos of V2 rockets during launch.
- The first commercial use of this system was seen in 1949. In the same year, Vericon was launched by an American company to make an observation on the dangerous industrial processes.
- With the help of CCTV technology, audience was able to enjoy sports streaming on the basis of pay-per-view in 1970s. A historical event, “The Rumble in the Jungle” fight create a record CCTV viewer of 50 million worldwide.
- At the initial, CCTV was not used for the security purpose. For the first time, a series of video camera was installed to control crime in 1968 in New York. After that the use of CCTV increases rapidly across the world.
- Use of CCTV has increased for the security purpose and approximately 350 million CCTV has installed in the public or private areas as well as in various organization.
- People use different names to indicate this type of security cameras such as surveillance cameras or IP cameras. In British they called it as “CCTV cameras” to indicate these security cameras.
- Most of the CCTV are of IP cameras which is always connected to the internet and can be control from anywhere in the presence of internet. From this, we can say that CCTV are not only “closed-circuit”.
Application of CCTV
The CCTV has a very wide range of application for the various purposes. We have mention here some popular application of CCTV cameras such as:
1. To Control Crime: It is a very big threat and warning to burglars, thieves and other criminals when we use CCTV cameras. Criminals avoid such type of areas for the crime where CCTV is installed as the chance is very high to be caught.
2. Observe Elders, Children & Pets: Nowadays, many families use CCTV to keep watching the Elders, Children & Pets. Generally, they use it to check whether they are in trouble or safe condition at home.
3. Create Valuable Memories: With the help of CCTV cameras, we can make our memories fresh over a long time. People often record valuable moments such as wedding anniversaries, birthday party and other important events and you can see this whenever you want on your computer screen.
4. In Business Section: To watch out the important and sensitive areas like store-room, storefronts, warehouse, and offices CCTV cameras are installed in this areas.
We hope this post will help you to know the CCTV Full Form, Components, Important Facts, Application, etc. For more post like this visit this website regular basis. Also, you can follow us on Facebook and Twitter to get latest post notification immediately.
FAQs on CCTV Full Form
Q1. What is the full from of CCTV?
Ans: The full form of CCTV is Closed Circuit Television.
Q2. Who was the inventor of CCTV?
Ans: CCTV was invented by a German engineer, Walter Bruch in 1942.
Q3. Is it possible for CCTV to work without electricity?
Ans: No, CCTV will not work if electricity is unavailable. But some cameras are attached to a battery back-up.
Q4. What are the types of CCTV?
Ans: Over the time CCTV has modified and available in different types such as Dome CCTV Cameras, Bullet CCTV Cameras, C-Mount CCTV Cameras, PTZ Pan Tilt & Zoom Cameras, Day/Night CCTV Cameras, Infrared/night vision CCTV Cameras, Network/IP CCTV Cameras, Wireless CCTV Cameras, High Definition (HD) CCTV Cameras.
Q5. How long a CCTV can record?
Ans: In general, according to the customer’s requirement videos are recorded for 90 days or more.