JEE Main Exam 2024: Every year in the month of January and April National Testing Agency, formulated by MHRD, Govt. of India, conducts a national level Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) Main in CBT mode for those students who wants to pursue B.E., B. Tech, B. Arch, and B. Plan courses after 12th grade.
To take admission in the IITs, NITs, CFTIs, and IIITs, you have to qualify JEE Main. JEE Main consists 3 papers out of which paper I is for the admission in B.E/B. Tech courses, second paper is for B. Arch and the third paper is for B. Plan.
NTA release online application from and eligible candidates can apply for JEE Main Exam by visiting official website at jeemain.nta.nic.in. Here we have discussed all the points regarding JEE Main Exam. Read further to know more.
JEE Main Important Dates
At first let’s have a look on important dates(Tentative).
JEE Main Registration 2024:
- January Session : 4th week of September, 2023
- April Session : 1st week of February, 2024
JEE Main Registration (Closes):
- January Session : 2nd week of October, 2023
- April Session : 1st week of March, 2024
Last Date of Application Fee Submission:
- January Session : 2nd week of October, 2023
- April Session : 2nd week of March 2024
JEE Main Application Form Correction:
- January Session : 3rd week of October, 2023
- April Session : 2nd week of March 2024
Issue of JEE Main 2024 Admit Card:
- January Session : 1st week of December, 2023
- April Session : 3rd week of March, 2024
JEE Main 2024 Exam Dates:
- January Session : 2nd week of January, 2024
- April Session : 2nd week of April, 2024
Before start preparing for JEE Main 2024, check eligibility criteria whether you can apply or not. Read carefully the eligibility criteria to appear for JEE Main.
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria
There are two parts of the eligibility criteria for JEE Main.
A) Eligibility Criteria needed to appear in JEE Main exam.
B) Eligibility Criteria needed to take admission in NITs, IIITs, CFTIs, SFIs, State Engineering Colleges other participating institutions.
A) Eligibility Criteria needed to appear in JEE Main exam:
Nationality : Indian Citizens along with International aspirants are allowed to apply for JEE Main.
Age : Age limit is not specified by NTA to apply for JEE Main.
Educational Qualifications : Must complete 10+2 from a recognized board. Students pursuing 10+2 and will pass in 2024 are also allowed to apply.
B) Eligibility Criteria needed to take admission in NITs, IIITs, CFTIs, SFIs, State Engineering Colleges other participating institutions. Qualification : All India Rank (AIR) will be taken into consideration along with 75% (ST/SC – 65%) marks in 12th grade.
For B. Arch, students have to pass qualifying exam with a minimum of average 50% and also in the PCM subjects. And for B. Plan 50% in Math required along with 50% marks in aggregate.
JEE Main 2024 Exam pattern
To start your preparation and prepare a study plan, you must have clear understanding about the exam pattern of JEE Main.
Mode of Examination:
- B.E./B. Tech : CBT Mode (Online)
- B. Arch : Mathematics and Aptitude- CBT Mode Drawing- Pen and paper mode (Offline)
- B. Plan : CBT Mode (Online)
- B.E./B. Tech : 3 Hours
- B. Arch : 3 Hours
- B. Plan : 3 Hours
- B.E./B. Tech : Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics
- B. Arch : Mathematics, Aptitude Test, and Drawing Test
- B. Plan : Mathematics, Aptitude Test, and Planning Based Objective Type
Number of Questions:
- B.E./B. Tech : 75 (25 questions from each subject)
- B. Arch : 77 (Mathematics- 25; Aptitude- 50; Drawing- 2)
- B. Plan : 100 (Mathematics- 25; Aptitude- 50; Planning Based-25)
Type of Questions:
- B.E./B. Tech : 60 (MCQs) + 15 (Answer is a Numerical Value)
- B. Arch : Maths- 20 (MCQs) + 5 (Answer is a Numerical Value) + Aptitude- 50 MCQ + Drawing- 2 Questions
- B. Plan : Maths- 20 (MCQs) + 5 (Answer is a Numerical Value) + Aptitude- 50 MCQs + Planning Based Objective Type- 25 MCQs
Medium of Exam:
- B.E./B. Tech : English and Hindi, students who will be appear in Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli exam centers, language paper is in English, Hindi & Gujarati.
- B. Arch : English and Hindi, students who will be appear in Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli exam centers, language paper is in English, Hindi & Gujarati.
- B. Plan : English and Hindi, students who will be appear in Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli exam centers, language paper is in English, Hindi & Gujarati.
- B.E./B. Tech : For MCQs:+4 for each correct attempt and -1 for each incorrect attempt; Unattempted questions will not be consider. For Non- MCQs: +4 for each correct attempt, no negative marking is not applicable for incorrect answers or unattempted questions.
- B. Arch : For MCQs:+4 for each correct attempt and -1 for each incorrect attempt ; Unattempted questions will not be consider. For Non- MCQs: +4 for each correct attempt, no negative marking for incorrect answers or unattempted questions for Drawing Test: 2 questions of 100 marks
- B. Plan : For MCQs:+4 for each correct attempt; and -1 for each incorrect attempt; Unattempted questions will not be consider. For Non- MCQs: +4 for each correct attempt, no negative marking for incorrect answers or unattempted questions.
- Click Here to Read – How to Prepare for JEE Main 2024?
JEE Main Application form
If you have set your mind to appear in JEE Main, then you can apply. To apply visit official website. Online Application procedure step by step is given below.
Step 1: Go to the Official website jeemain.nta.nic.in
Step 2: Link of register will be displayed on the screen, just click on it. Now, enter your credentials to complete your registration process.
Step 3: Application number along with password is generated. Keep it safely for further use.
Step 4: With the help of generated application number and password do login and complete your application procedure.
Step 5: You will be asked to upload your documents like photograph(10KB-200KB), signature(4KB-30KB) and 12th admit card/mark sheet.
Step 6: Now complete your payment. Go to the confirmation page.
Step 7: After confirmation take print of application form and proof of fee payment.
Application Fee for JEE Main Exam
Application fee is different for different categories of different papers. Check the table to know in detail:
|Paper||Category||Application Fee (For Indian)||Application Fee (For Outside India)|
|B.E./B. Tech or B. Arch or B. Planning||Gen/Gen-EWS/ OBC-NCL candidates||Boys – ₹ 650|
Girls – ₹ 325
|Boys – ₹ 3000 Girls – ₹ 1500|
|SC/ST/PwD/ Transgender candidates||Boys – ₹ 325|
Girls – ₹ 325
|Boys – ₹ 1500 Girls – ₹ 1500|
|B.E./B. Tech & B. Arch or B.E./B. Tech & B. Planning or B.E./B. Tech, B. Arch & B. Planning or B. Arch & B. Planning||Gen/Gen-EWS/ OBC-NCL candidates||Boys – ₹ 1300 Girls – ₹ 650||Boys – ₹ 6000 Girls – ₹ 3000|
|SC/ST/PwD/Transgender candidates||Boys – ₹ 650 Girls – ₹ 650||Boys – ₹ 3000 Girls – ₹ 3000|
Mode of Payment
You can make your payment online via net banking/debit or credit card, PAYTM or UPI mode. Remember, there is no options for offline payment.
Correction of Application Form
Immediately after the application date is over, a portal for correction will be initiated. All the students who have applied for JEE Main can check their application status whether there are any mistakes or not.
If there is any mistake, then correct it for which you will have to pay an extra charge. Here, you can correct any of your details.
JEE Main Admit Card
Admit Card of JEE Main will be available just before a month of the date of examination. Admit Card is compulsory for every student to enter into the exam center.
Students need to bring a government-approved photo ID proof, 1 passport size photograph, PwD certificate, if applicable, along with admit card. You will get information about your examination center in admit card.
To download your admit card follow steps mentioned below:
- Visit official website jeemain.nta.nic.in.
- Press the “Download Admit Card” option.
- You can see there is two types of method to download your admit card and you can follow any one of them. Type I – Using Application Number and Password & Type II – Using Application Number and DOB.
- Select one option to download your admit card.
- Submit your application number and password /DOB.
- Submit your security pin.
- Get your admit card downloaded.
JEE Main Answer Key
Coaching institutions releases an answer key for JEE Main exam on the basis of questions they received from students. Answer key for JEE Main 2024 will also be released by NTA at their official website jeemain.nta.nic.in.
- If you are not satisfied with answer key, then you can challenge the answer key of JEE Main (As provided last year).
All challenges will be checked and verified and required changes are made. After this final answer key will be released.
JEE Main Results
Results of the two session will be released in their respective time. For January season, results will be announced in the last week of January 2024 and for April session results will be announced in the last week of April 2024.
JEE Main Cut-Off
The minimum score obtained by a candidate to qualify to make position in the final merit list. Every year cut off changes on the basis of few factors such as overall percentile, difficulty level of question, number of candidates etc. The official results and cut off will be released on the same day.
Previous years (2019) cut off are given category-wise below:
- General : 89.7548849
- General EWS : 78.2174869
- OBC : 74.3166557
- ST : 44.3345172
- SC : 54.0128155
- PWD : 0.11371730
JEE Main Counselling
After the announcement of results, Counselling process will start. There are three counselling process viz.
- JoSAA Counselling : For, the IITs, IIITs, NITs and other Government Aided Technical Institutes.
- CSAB NEUT : For, the North Eastern States & Union Territories (NEUT).
- CSAB SFTI : For, the Self-Funded Technical Institutes.
You can attend counselling online to apply in different colleges. The counseling process has following steps:
- At first do your online registration and then fill up choices.
- Seat will Allotted to you based on rank and preferences.
- Verification of documents and confirm your seat by paying a fee.
JEE Main Exam FAQs
Q1. What is the age limit for JEE Main 2024 exam??
Ans: As per the NTA notification, the age limit is not specified for JEE Main 2024.
Q2. How many times can I appear in a year??
Ans: If you want, you can appear both the sessions in a year.
Q3. Is there any chance of a reduction of syllabus for JEE Main 2024?
Ans: Syllabus for JEE Main 2024 may be reduced as there are some states that reduces its syllabus 30%. To get latest stay tuned.