The post assistant manager is next to the manager and performs all the responsibilities similar to a manager. On the basis of industry, an assistant manager handles different types of responsibilities such as providing training to new candidates, preparing schedules for employees, supervising the performance of employees, and hiring new candidates for the organization.
Almost every year, different organizations like SBI, Axis Bank, ICICI, PNB, etc. hire efficient candidates as Assistant Manager to perform various operations. So, every candidate needs to know about the salary of an Assistant Manager in India in different organizations.
Apart from this, candidates also get information about other facilities like incentives/ benefits which are provided to the recruited candidates.
Many employees are given offered to be promoted to Assistant Manager. After getting a promotion to Assistant Manager, they have to perform certain duties as:
- Supervise the performance of Staff
- Evaluation of Employees
- Interact with Employees
- Work as Manager when they are not available
Average Assistant Manager Salary in India
- Salary: ₹ 300k – ₹ 1.1m
- Bonus: ₹ 15k – ₹ 195k
- Profit Sharing: ₹ 2.2k – ₹ 530k
- Total Pay: ₹ 310k – ₹ 1.2m
Related Article: Bank Manager Salary, Allowances and Facilities
Salary of Assistant Manager by Experience
- Entry Level (0 – 3 years): Around ₹ 2 – ₹ 4 lakhs per annum
- Mid-Career (4 – 9 years): Around ₹ 5 – ₹ 6 lakhs per annum
- Experienced (10 – 20 years): around ₹ 7 – ₹ 10 lakhs per annum
- Late Career (Above 20 years): above ₹ 10 lakhs per annum
Initially, having less than 3 years of experience as an Assistant Manager, earns an average salary of ₹ 2,75,000 per year. At the middle of the career, average income of an Assistant Manager is around ₹ 5,00,000 per year. On the other hand, with the experience of 10 – 20 years, their average wage is approximately ₹ 7,50,000 per year. Having experience above 20 years, they earn about ₹ 12,00,000 per year
Salary of Assistant Manager as per Skill
- Operations Management: ₹ 6,00,000 per annum
- People Management: ₹ 6,30,000 per annum
- Customer Service: ₹ 5,10,000 per annum
- Sales Management: ₹ 4,20,000 per annum
- Cash Handling: ₹ 3,80,000 per annum
Salary of Assistant Manager as per Customer Service
|Genpact||₹ 3,50,000 per year|
|HSBC||₹ 3,00,000 per year|
|HDFC Bank Pvt Ltd||₹ 2,50,000 per year|
|Concentrix Corporation||₹1,50,000 per year|
|EXL Service||₹ 2,30,000 per year|
Related Article: Popular Govt Jobs After MBA Finance
Salary of Assistant Manager by Company
|Axis Bank||₹ 3,20,000 per year|
|SBI||₹ 5,00,530 per year|
|Bharti Airtel||₹ 8,00,000 per year|
|Citi||₹ 10,00,000 per year|
|Genpact||₹ 6,00,000 per year|
|ICICI||₹ 5,50,000 per year|
|Maruti Suzuki||₹ 6,00,000 per year|
|Tata Motors||₹ 5,50,000 per year|
|HDFC Bank||₹ 4,00,000 per year|
|IDEA Cellular||₹ 6,50,000 per year|
|KPMG||₹ 12,50,000 per year|
|ITC||₹ 14,00,000 per year|
|Exl Service||₹ 6,00,000 per year|
|Tata Consultancy Services||₹ 8,50,000 per year|
|Reliance Infrastructure||₹ 6,00,000 per year|
|HSBC Holdings||₹ 8,00,000 per year|
|Wipro||₹ 5,50,000 per year|
Top Paying Cities around Delhi
|Delhi||₹ 30,000 per month|
|Suttanpur Block B||₹ 28,000 per month|
|Palam||₹ 25,000 per month|
|Pitampura||₹ 25,100 per month|
|New Delhi||₹ 24,500 per month|
|Delhi Cantt.||₹ 18,000 per month|
|Kalkaji Devi||₹ 16,000 per month|
|Research Institute||₹ 17,000 per month|
Responsibilities of Assistant Manager
As Assistant Manager, they need to have the quality and ability to obey directions given to them. Generally, they work under the supervision of a manager. Every organization requires an efficient Assistant Manager to run it smoothly.
- Stay alert that the policies of the organization are maintained.
- Earn profits on the behalf of the organization by regulating costs.
- Recruit new candidates when necessary and also provide training.
- Take care of various issues raised by customers and satisfy them.
- Work as a leader and direct all the employees in the right direction.
- Make sure the safety of the employees.
- Help employees to focus on their work.
- Maintain the standards and quality of products.
Dear readers! We have provided all the information related to the salary of an Assistant Manager. We Hope, this will be helpful for you while pursuing a career in a different organization as an Assistant Manager.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How much does an Assistant earn in India?
Ans: The earning of an Assistant Manager in India is around ₹ 5,50,000 per annum.
Q2. How much is the initial salary of an Assistant Manager in India?
Ans: At the entry level, the income of an Assistant Manager in India is ₹ 2,50,000 per annum.
Q3. How much is the highest salary of an Assistant Manager in India?
Ans: The highest salary of an Assistant Manager in India can reach up to ₹ 13,50,000 per annum.
Q4. What is the main responsibility of an Assistant Manager?
Ans: The main responsibility of an Assistant Manager is to assist Manager in different operations and perform the duty of a Manager in absence of him.