The abbreviation NCVT stands for National Council for Vocational Training. NCVT helps interested candidates and provide consultation about vocational courses to encourage them.
In 1956, Indian Government set up an advisory body which is popularly known as National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT).
The Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Directorate General of Training (DGT), Government of India published guidelines and principles for NCVT that is to be followed.
Related Post: What is the full form of CBSE?
An advisory body, NCVT, was formed in 1956 by the government of India. Initially, it was popular as National Council of Training in Vocational Trades (NCTVT) that followed the instructions of Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Directorate General of Training (DGT), Government of India.
Government of India has the responsibility to make a policy or programs, fix the essential standards and syllabus for the training of craftsmen, organize a test across India and provide National Trade Certificates. Many examinations are organized by NCVT like the All India Trade Test (AITT), Apprenticeship Training Scheme (ATS), and Craftsmen Training Scheme (CTS).
There is another council at the state level which is familiar as the SCVT. The SCVT stands for State Council for Vocational Training which is working as a branch of NCVT in the states.
A Management Information System (MIS) was formed by the National Council of Vocational training to provide various information about ITI courses to the interested candidates. NCVT MIS facilitates various information regarding admission of candidates and also provides information about the availability of engineering and non-engineering trades in different ITI institutions.
There are four semesters during the whole course that are conducted by the NCVT. They prepare a report having information about important dates, process of admission, timetables, hall tickets and release of result. By visiting their official website, you will get more information in details. According to the Indian Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, ITIs are regulated by the NCVT.
Also Read: What is the full form of UGC?
NCVT ITI Course
ITI stands for Industrial Training Institute. Through this program, candidates are providing training, skill development techniques and crafts. With the initiative of Directorate General Employment and Training (DGET), Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, and the Union Government, this program was formed.
Students who have completed 12th board examination are eligible to apply for various training programs under NCVT ITI. Generally, ITI examinations are conducted in the month of August. You will get your result in the official website of NCVT MIS ITI and also in the website of specific institution.
List of Courses Under ITI Program
Below, we have mentioned some courses that are under ITI program.
- Diesel Mechanic
- AC & Refrigerator Mechanic
- Pump operator
- ITI COPA
- ITI surveyor
- Information Technology
- Tool and Die Maker
- Motor Mechanic
- Draughtsman Civil
- Draughtsman Mechanical
Eligible students are able to apply for any of the sectors and will get a certificate of NCVT ITI which is very valuable for the candidates.
Completing 10th/12th, ITI, Diploma, B. Tech/BE, BSc, MSc, and M. Tech/ME, you can join NCVT. There are various courses and you can join according to your interest. A list is provided with the suitable NCVT courses.
1. Technician Courses
Suitable courses for NCVT in Technician are:
- Site Engineer Control Panel Training
- Maintenance Technician (Electrical)
- Wireman Control Panel
- CCTV Installation
- Access Control Installation
2. Network & Hardware Course
Suitable courses for NCVT in Network & Hardware are:
- Computer Basic Hardware and Maintenance
- Server introduction
- Network Essentials
- Windows Server 2008 to 2012
- Exchange Server 2010
- English & Personality Development
3. CADD (Mechanical) Courses
Suitable courses for NCVT in CADD (Mechanical) are:
- CREO Parametric
- Solid Works
- NX CAM
- NX NASTRAN
4. CADD (Architectural/Civil) Courses
Suitable courses for NCVT in CADD (Architectural/Civil) are:
- Revit Architecture
- PERL Language
- STAAD PRO
- AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Max for Engineers/Architects
- Pro Steel
5. Building Automation
Suitable courses for NCVT in Building Automation are:
- NIBA – Building Automation Course
- Fire Detection & Alarm Systems
- Electronic Physical Security (Access Control System)
- CCTV Surveillance systems
- GAS Suppression System
- Public Address System
6. Embedded Courses
Suitable courses for NCVT in Embedded are:
- NESP – Embedded System Professionals
- STC Module – 2 Advance Embedded C
- STC Module – 3 RTOS (Real-time Operating System)
- STC Module – 4 Serial Communication Bus
- STC Module – 6 Electronics Circuit and Sensors Development & Interfacing
- STC Module – 7 PIC Microcontrollers
- STC Module – 8 Linux & Device Driver Programming
- STC Module – 9 ARM Microcontrollers (Advanced Risk machine)
- STC Module 10 – MATLAB
- STC Module 11 – NI LAB View
Application Process for NCVT
Candidates needs to apply on the official website of NCVT MIS to pursue this course. We have mentioned all the steps during registration for the NCVT MIS apprenticeship.
- Visit to the official website of NCVT MIS apprenticeship which is apprenticeship.gov.in.
- Press the button on the link of ‘Apprentice’.
- Select the ‘Candidate Registration’ option. Now, the application page will be displayed in front of you.
- Fill up the required space with the information which is asked.
- Provide the important information about you like Personal Details, Contact Details, Qualification Details, Technical Qualification of Candidate, Trade Preference (opt 3).
- You need to scan and upload the required documents like passport size photograph and DOB.
- Check all the information you have provided and then press on to the ‘Submit’ button.
At the end of this process, you will get a registration number through SMS or Email.
Schedule of NCVT
Important notifications like date of examinations will be provided on their official website. Every year in the month of July and August, India Training Test (AITT) and Apprenticeship Training Scheme (ATS) is conducted. All the instructions regarding this examination is provided by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Directorate General of Training (DGT), Government of India.
You can easily download the timetable for NCVT MIS by just following some certain steps as:
- Browse on to ncvtmis.gov.in which is the official portal of NCVT MIS.
- Select the option among different months January, February, and July/ August.
- You can download to timetable for further reference.
Admit Card for NCVT
You have to get the valid admit card from NCVT MIS portal. Remember that the admit card is very important to appear in the examination. without which, you will not be allowed to enter in the examination hall.
Steps are given to download the admit card for NCVT MIS examination.
- Browse on to the official website of NCVT MIS i.e. ncvtmis.gov.in.
- Visit to the notification page and then click on to the download link.
- Now, you need to enter the required information that you have got during registration.
- Download the admit card and print it for further reference in NCVT MIS ITI.
Result of NCVT
Result for NCVT MIS will be released including scores of tests, marks in practical and ranking on the official website of NCVT MIS.
Steps that are to be follow are given in the following section.
- Browse on to the official website of NCVT MIS.
- Click the ‘verification’ option and then choose the option which is for Mark Sheet Verification.
- Select your semester you have appeared and then enter your ‘Registration Number’.
- Now, you will get your result of NCVT MIS ITI.
- You must printout your result for further reference.
Comparison of NCVT and SCVT
The difference between NCVT and SCVT is not much remarkable. The only difference between them is the area of regulation where NCVT regulates the ITI institutes at national level. On the other hand, SCVT regulates ITI institutes at state level.
- The full form of NCVT is National Council for Vocational Training. And the full form of SCVT is State Council for Vocational Training.
- NCVT regulates only that ITI institutions which are under Government of India. On the other hand, SCVT regulates that institutions that are under State Government.
- Examination is taken as semester-wise in NCVT and in SCVT examination is taken yearly basis.
- Number of institutes under NCVT is approximately 15,000 or above and number of institutes under SCVT is comparatively very less.
More Full Forms:
|NIOS Full Form||Computer Full Form|
|AISSCE Full Form||AISSE Full Form|
|Police Full Form||PGDCA Full Form|
|IT Full Form||WiFi Full Form|
Whether it is NCVT or SCVT both are equally potential as Government at both level providing necessary facilities.
We hope this post will help you to know about the full form of NCVT, Courses, Admission Process, Schedule, Admit Card, Result, Comparison of NCVT and SCVT, etc. For more full forms visit this website for regular basis. Also, you can follow us on Facebook and Twitter to get latest post notification immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What is the full form of NCVT?
Ans: The full form of NCVT is National Council for Vocational Training.
Q2. What is the minimum qualification required for NCVT?
Ans: Candidates need to complete 12th board examination to take admission in NCVT.
Q3. Who regulates the NCVT?
Ans: Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Directorate General of Training (DGT), Government of India regulates the NCVT.
Q4. What are the exams conducted by NCVT?
Ans: NCVT conducts India Training Test (AITT) and Apprenticeship Training Scheme (ATS) every year in the month of July and August.
Q5. What are the courses related to technician under NCVT ITI?
Ans: Site Engineer Control Panel Training, Maintenance Technician (Electrical), Wireman Control Panel, CCTV Installation, Access Control Installation are the courses that are under the NCVT ITI.