The B Tech full form is Bachelor of Technology. One of the undergraduate professional course that is of four years, the Bachelor of Technology popularly known as B. Tech, under which there are various engineering and technological fields.
Aspirants who are interested to work in the fields of core sectors of technology and development. By completing this degree, you can pursue your career in engineering.
In this course, you will get the practical as well as theoretical knowledge of the sectors. Here, you will also get the hands-on training to learn about the working functions of different software along with hardware that are operated in the respective fields.
Other than the core sectors, one can work in the fields of Information Technology, Data Analysis, Consultancy and Management sectors. You can get placement in Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) and other related government sectors.
Highlights of B Tech Course
- B Tech Full Form: Bachelor of Technology
- Duration: 4 Years
- Required Eligibility: Complete 10+2 in science with PCM or PCB for some streams such as Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering.
- Admission Process: Entrance Examination Based/on Merit Based/ Direct Admission.
- Available Scholarship: Depending on the performance in the entrance exam or 10+2 score; Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme offered by AICTE; Various State-Level exam.
- Average Tuition Fees: ₹ 40,000 to ₹ 8,50,000.
- Option for Lateral Entry: Diploma in Engineering/ Polytechnic degree holders get direct admission in B. Tech in 2nd year.
- Entrance Examination: JEE Main, MHT CET, KCET, AP EAMCET, TS EAMCET, KEAM, Goa CET, WBJEE, UPSEE, KLEEE, VSAT, KIITEE, BITSAT.
- Internships: By the order of AICTE Engineering colleges mandatorily offer internship to all final-year students; IITs, NITs along with some private colleges offered only B. Tech students from 2nd year.
- Placement Options: Mechanical Engineer, Electronics Engineer, Computer Engineer, Chemical Engineer, Civil Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Instrumentation Engineer, Mining Engineer, Communication Engineer, etc.
Also Read: How to Prepare for JEE Main?
To get admission in B. Tech course, student must possess certain required criteria are as follows:
- Candidate must complete 10+2 with an average of minimum 50% – 70% in science stream.
- Some universities/institutions set the upper age limit as 24 years which will be counted from the date of examination.
Note: You will have to show the original copies of all the required documents and mark sheets during admission in the allotted college or university.
- Students who wants to take admission in B. Tech course has to sit for the entrance examination. Through JEE Mains and JEE Advanced examination, you can take admission in the centrally funded institutions.
- Regional/ State entrance exams are taken for the admission in the state institutions/ colleges.
- Some of the institutions or universities arrange entrance examinations for admission such as VITEE, BITSAT, SRMJEE.
- Some well-known entrance examinations are: Joint Entrance Exams Main (JEE Main), Joint Entrance Exams Advanced (JEE Advanced), Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test (BITSAT), West Bengal Joint Entrance Exams (WBJEE), Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MHT-CET), Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Exam (VITEEE), Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET) etc.
Also Read: PGDCA Full Form, Admission Process, Career Options
Syllabus of B Tech
For the all stream of B. Tech, Engineering Mathematics has the same syllabus. Different specialization has different subjects but the basic concept of Physics and Mathematics is same in all the specializations.
In case of Electrical Engineering and Electronics and Communication Engineering, we can see that some subjects are same. On the other hand, CSE and IT has the same syllabus in some of the subjects.
Career Options After B Tech
With the technological advancement, opportunities of a B. Tech degree holder have become increased. Because of their technical skills, B. Tech students got a lot of advantage at the time of interviews.
Various organizations offer different salary to their employees. In some core sector industries, the range of salary is from ₹ 8 lakhs to ₹ 25 lakhs per annum. In some foreign organization, you may a salary package of ₹ 1 crore per annum.
If you complete your B. Tech degree from a top level college, you will get higher salary offer.
You will be offered for different posts in various organization as Computer Science Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Civil Engineer, Automobile Engineer, Chemical Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Electronics Engineer, Aeronautical Engineer, Marine Engineer, Aerospace Engineer, Mining Engineer, Ceramic Engineer, Production Engineer, Robotics Engineer, Lecturer/ Professor, Software Develop, Electronics & Communication Engineer, Telecommunication Engineer, Product Manager, Construction Engineer, and many more.
Some Recruiting Companies
Almost every company whether private or government, big or small hire engineers. We have listed a number of companies that hire engineers are:
TATA Consultancy, Infosys Technologies, IBM Global Services, Accenture Services, HCL Technologies, Goldman Sachs, Apple, Google, Deutsche Bank, ISRO, Flipkart, Myntra, Amazon, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd, Siemens.
More Related Full Forms:
|BCA Full Form||BBA Full Form|
|MBA Full Form||MBBS Full Form|
|SSC Full Form||AIIMS Full Form|
|BPO Full Form||CEO Full Form|
|IIT Full Form||ITI Full Form|
We hope this post will help you to know the B Tech Full Form, Eligibility Criteria, Admission Process, Career Opportunities, etc. For get more full form like this visit this website regular basis. Also, you can follow us on Facebook and Twitter to get latest post notification immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What is the minimum eligibility criteria to take admission in B. Tech?
Ans: To take admission in B. Tech, you should pass 10+2 in science with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects. They should also have an average of 60% in all subjects.
Q2. Is B. Tech a right selection as career?
Ans: Yes, the students who have creative and technical minds can make their career bright in this field.
Q3. How much time it takes to complete B. Tech?
Ans: It takes 4 years to complete B. Tech in all the streams.
Q4. What are the popular branch of B. Tech?
Ans: There are many stream in which you can take admission in B. Tech course such as Chemical, Biotechnology, Aeronautical, Industrial, Instrumentation, Marine, computer science, Electrical, and Civil, Mechanical.
Q5. What is the full form of B. Tech?
Ans: The full form of B. Tech is Bachelor of technology.